Thursday, May 27, 2010

wk 4 topic: free post, my dream classroom


My dream teaching environment would have a class desk section for discussions and notes, and a lab section for well, labs. I would have enough tools for each student to use rather than 1 for every 4, depending on the science subject being taught. I would have computers for every student so research and lab results could be immediately shared and disaggregated. Students would be able to text answers to spot checks and students would be able to check progress of class and find misconceptions. 1/2 of class would be spent out of the classroom working with real scientists to assist research and see how science is useful outside of school. Add in a secretary to grade checkpoints and deal with some of the tedious paperwork and meetings and this would be paradise.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I love your post! This is great that you have a plan for how you would use non-traditional technology tools in your classroom. I can completely empathize with the desire to have each student be able to use their own tools as opposed to having to share. I also appreciate you desire to have hands on interactive learning outside of the classroom with other individuals working in science. And who would love to have assistance with administrative classroom duties.

    With all that you have said about your dream classroom, I wonder just how effective we could be as teachers if we have these ideal conditions. I often think about certain careers where workers are often more equipped than teachers with what they need to do their jobs effectively and I am always a little envious. But what I have learned through Full Sail and have been inspired by the reading for this course, I think sometimes that fact that we don’t have ideals conditions is what makes us teachers more capable of creativity and innovation in the use of what is available to us. Let’s keep dreaming, but also keep doing the best with what we have. Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete