Friday, May 14, 2010

Wk 2 Topic: Response to Ashley Burch's post/AR publishing feelings

Ashley's original post
I was unable to attend the Wimba this past Tuesday largely in part because I had so much work to catch up on, there was just no time. My lit review was in shambles and I desperately needed to edit, revise, and email it in. I had a lot of trouble formatting the document in word. The headers were not numbering correctly. It has been very frustrating.

As I watched and listened to the archive, I was relieved to see that I wasn't the only one struggling with the lit review. I do appreciate having a form to fill out checking on what I’m doing. At times I felt alone when working on AR. I need structure or at least know someone is checking up on me. This is helping me get the AR site organized, something I struggle with (organization). So I am feeling much better about the site now.

As for the AR summary page, I don't think it is as daunting now that I have more of a grasp on all the pages of the site.

What I really needed was some clarification on the Publishing/Leadership Project. I'm still a little hesitant on starting a keynote because I'm not sure what to do just yet. That and writing a scripted speech will be a bit difficult. I usually never teach by a scripted speech as was mentioned of most teachers during wimba. Well, first step is figuring out where I want to publish, so that's on the agenda now, publishing on the web.

@ Ashley:
I agree on the stress of AR. I too have felt a bit behind, confused, and sometimes frustrated. Sometimes it all seems very overwhelming, like there was so much to do for each month that sometimes AR was pushed to the side.

I am so with you on the keynote. The idea of scripting something will be very hard to do. Like most teachers I too am a fly by the seat of my pants kinda gal. I am also not sure where to post and what to post. I do like the idea of a keynote presentation over just writing, I guess it all will need some thinking on.

No comments:

Post a Comment