Saturday, May 8, 2010

Wk 1 Response to Therese Josephson's post


Therese's Post


The Action Research process has not been without its frustrations, but I have to say that overall I am very pleased with the work that it has allowed me to do.


My goal with Action Research has been to create a website that provided resources for students and parents, thereby increasing the communication between my class and home. I am really happy with the results.


I feel like the site is serving its purpose. Informal communications and surveys have both provided me with a lot of feedback, mostly positive. Even though not all students or parents are using the site, it is a great resource for those who are--it has a calendar, announcements, and links to recordings, a tuner, and a metronome, among other things. And, as an added bonus, I’ve found that having all of these resources in one place has made it easier for me when I want to access them during class, as well.


I probably could have learned a lot by doing a thesis on using technology to improve communication between school and home. But Action Research has allowed me to learn, practice, and adjust, all within the course of this school year. And I have produced something that I will continue to use and adjust for the rest of my career.

nd adjust for the rest of my career.




@Therese

AR has been complicated, but I agree it has allowed us to grow and take risks. I am a firm believer that to be a good teacher, you need to take risks and that website you created was great.

I know one of the biggest complaints that we hear is that there is not enough communication in schools between teachers and students, students and parents, parents and teachers. Anything that can help ease that strain is always a good thing. You will never get 100% participation, but at least you can say that you tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment