Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wk 3 Topic: AR publication


This week, while working on summing up my action research, I have also be writing my publication. I have been finding this fairly challenging, but rather interesting. I decided to do a publication instead of a presentation because I am thinking about going into the college world and am interested in possibly teaching teachers how to teach. Most colleges, when you are writing a CV want to know what you have published. So, this seemed like a great opportunity to knock both out in one swoop.

I have been struggling somewhat on the angle for my paper, I finally decided that I wanted it to be an advisory article for teachers who were wondering if adding tech and media to the class was hard and or worth it.

I am hoping that this does help some of those teachers on the fence about adding technology.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Elizabeth! I appreciate that you want to become a teacher that teachers other teachers. That is quite a smart way to really influence the future of education. I am proud of you for taking on the challenge to write a paper for publication. I am still having a hard time deciding between presenting to a group or colleagues or writing a paper. I think that writing an academic paper would be more challenging but reach a larger audience. I also think that completing a presentation in my school district would be groundbreaking and very rewarding. I hope I can narrow it down as nicely as you have. Congratulations! I think that all your hard work will really pay off. I can't wait to read your paper.

    ReplyDelete